The old style of business was split into three primary areas: Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, and Research & Development. But in practice, R&D was too far from the front lines to provide any effective support . . . This left sales & marketing without the vision to capture the customer’s imagination. So, market battles devolved into manufacturing slugfests where pricing was the main point of differentiation.
The structure for a modern B2B technology business splits into four areas: Operations, Account Management, Corporate Marketing, and Product Marketing & Development. Operations is similar to the old style’s manufacturing . . .
To read in it’s entirety, please click here:
Xerox PARC IBM Intel Canon, Cisco, Nikon, Zeiss
weSRCH.com is a Science 2.0 professional networking site for scientists, doctors, engineers, and their colleagues. weSRCH is unique: it provides an open forum for sharing technical ideas, company news, and personal opinions. Simply stated, weSRCH is about forming communities of researchers, enabling open conversations among like-minded professionals anywhere in the world. With weSRCH, you can:
• Post technical papers and abstracts quickly, with minimal review to protect intellectual property rights.
• Keep all rights to your posting, and republish it anywhere.
• Establish instant priority & precedence for your ideas, thoughts, and IP – no waiting to publish for 6 months, fearing all the time that a peer with early access may scoop you. Your claim to priority is instantaneous and then peers can review it.
• Receive and perform peer reviews. Any user can give feedback on your technical articles on your work – and you can do the same with others' postings.
• Use our sorting and search engines to quickly find the most relevant papers and news for your areas of interest.
• Save your searches and make them dynamic with daily e-mail alerts.
• Create your own personal on-line library that is accessible from any place were there is an Internet connection.
• Upload and host your own conference for free.
• Run your own surveys or ask our members a question for free.
weSRCH is about learning. Progress in science has always been about communities of technical professionals exchanging ideas freely in public forums with colleagues facing similar challenges. Science needs a free exchange of core ideas to move forward. Science 2.0 speeds up your learning curve with the full power of Web 2.0.
weSRCH is about teaching. Chances are you've already learned a lot in your career, and now you can pay it back – by using WeSRCH to become a mentor, or becoming an advocate to influence the direction of the your industry.
weSRCH is about communication. Whether you've got a brag, a warning, or a rant; you can use our free, online forum for letting the rest of the world know exactly what you know, believe or think. It’s the best, quickest, and most sweeping way to gain recognition for your brain power.
It's not about us.
It’s not about the I or the me,
it’s about you and the we!
POST YOUR PAPER, RELEASE, or CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT: click here
We receive letters and e-mails on current topics that are of interest to our subscribers and comments on our newsletter articles. We value that subscriber input and like to use it. By submitting such material to us, you authorize us to publish and republish it in any form or medium, to edit it for style and length, and to comment upon or criticize it and to publish others' comments or criticisms, as the case may be. Although data was obtained from sources considered reliable, it cannot be guaranteed. No independent steps have been taken to confirm its accuracy, truthfulness, or completeness.
Printed in the United States of America. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be used in any legal proceedings nor may any information contained herein be disclosed to any third party, or reproduced, or transmitted to any third party, in any form or by any means -- mechanical, electronic, photocopying, duplicating, microfilming, videotape, verbally or otherwise -- without prior written permission of VLSI Research.
Copyright © 2008 by VLSI Research Inc. All rights reserved.
The Chip Insider is a registered trademark of VLSI Research Inc